Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A new path...

opened up for me last week. The place is Sihora Road in Madhya Pradesh, half an hour by train from Jabalpur. I decided to come to the Mar Thoma Ashram here - The Christa Panthi Ashram - to live as a volunteer for a while and serve. It was a difficult decision to take because it involved a lot of changes....changes in my thinking, change of place, change from a life I'd got used to, change of track entirely, and many other intangible and tangible changes.

But it was a step I had to take. Let me put it this way - it was a step Life made me take.

Why Sihora? This is a place I've been associated with ever since I was a baby. My parents were deeply involved with this Ashram, and all our lives we have come here for at least one weekend every month. It is a place where I have been totally and non-judgmentally accepted with open arms - a place where I've been given unconditional love - not only me but my whole family, especially my DD.

I've slipped into the daily routine. It's not an easy life, but it is a loving way of life.

It is a life that will smoothen the jagged edges and bring a sense of peacefulness and completeness to mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment